This past winter, Amie Engerbretson and McKenna Peterson went on a lot of wild ski trips. Lucky for them (and us) Mother Nature smiled upon us during our K2 Alliance Team Shoot in Utah. As soon as we arrived, big, lofty flakes started falling from the sky and didn’t let up until the last day of our trip. Taking full advantage, we went straight to Snowbird and enjoyed a few days of deep snow, high vertical and tight trees. Looking back the conditions were all time—a Powder Dream, if you will. | Filmed/Edited by Nick Meilleur | Music – “Let Go” by CMRN | #seriousfun | Take a look at the all-new women’s freeride line right here and enter below to win an ALL-NEW pair of K2 Fulluvit 95 skis! Just be sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook to be eligible. Full contest rules here.
SEATTLE, WA (November 9, 2016) – K2 Skis is thrilled to welcome Olympic Gold Medalist Joss Christensen to its roster of professional athletes. By adding Christensen to the Factory Team, K2 continues to show it’s dedication to the freestyle market while further solidifying one of the best and longest standing pro teams in skiing.
“K2 has supported some of the best and most passionate skiers since the beginning of freeskiing, and continues to move the sport in the right direction,” said Joss Christensen. “I have a lot of respect for everything K2 has done for the sport! I’m really looking forward to building a relationship with K2 over the coming years.”
At 24 years old, Christensen was raised in Park City, UT, where he learned to ski at the age of three and eventually got into slopestyle and halfpipe skiing. After earning the first-ever gold medal in men’s slopestyle at the 2014 Sochi Olympics, Christensen went on to win the Slopestyle gold and silver at numerous X Games and U.S. Grand Prix events. In 2016, Christensen was 3rd in AFP World Slopestyle rankings, and he is also co- founder of SLVSH, the site of global freeski matchups and extensive video galleries that has a large core skier following.
“We welcome Joss to the K2 family because not only is he one of the top freestyle skiers in the world, but his personality, style and direction of skiing is directly aligned with our values here at K2,” said Kjell Ellefson, K2 Skis Global Team Manager. “Our goal is to inspire others to enjoy skiing and the outdoors, and Joss undoubtedly does that.”
Christensen will now be part of the trusted team of athletes who help develop K2’s revolutionary new products. His expertise will add to the direct input that goes into each and every one of K2’s ski models.
“I’m really excited to be supported by such an iconic company, and for the opportunity to be involved in the progression of K2 while also building my personal brand to where I want it to be,” stated Christensen.
“Along with Joss’s deep connection to the consumer, he truly is an exceptional athlete and role model, and it brings us great pleasure to welcome him to K2,” concluded Ellefson. “We look forward to working with Joss and his team, and cannot wait to see how we grow together.”
SEATTLE, WA (November 1, 2016) — Sean Pettit was a child stuck in a pro skier’s body when he initially signed his first contract with K2 Skis at age 12 in 2004. Now, 12 years later, he is one of the most well-known, progressive and dominant influencers on snow. K2 Skis announced a continuation of Pettit’s contract with the Factory Team this week, further positioning him as a premier athlete that will help build the future of the K2 brand.
“K2 has a history of discovering the greatest talents in skiing and helping them develop their careers to reach legend status,” said Hunter Waldron, K2 Sports Global Brand Director. “Sean is on that track. He is part of the family and a big part of our future. He represents everything our company is about. Our goal is to inspire people to get out and enjoy skiing. Sean does that better than anyone. His level of skiing and personality give momentum to our brand and the sport.”
Pettit, who was born in Ottawa and then moved to Whistler, B.C. as a pre-teen to pursue skiing, was first spotted at a local contest and signed by K2. “I didn’t even know what a contract was. I was 12. It was probably the first time I got to use my signature outside of elementary school,” stated Pettit. “If the contract said ‘you will get free skis’ I would have been sold, but it was more than that and has continued to be a major part of my career.”
Over the past decade Pettit has medalled at numerous comps, and has been awarded with the “male skier of the year” award multiple times for his performance in many films. “It’s crazy to be with a brand for half your lifetime,” Pettit commented. “I feel like I’ve grown up with K2 as a childhood friend. I met the brand reps and got my first pair of K2 skis when I was 11. Ever since then we’ve been able to grow together and adapt to how riding styles have evolved. We’ve come a long way.”
Through his agreement with K2, Pettit will continue to be a major player in R&D and graphic development for the brand in addition to representing K2 on the mountain. “Along with his skiing progression, Sean has greatly contributed to the development of a number of breakthrough ski models and technologies over the years and we are excited to see what his brain will come up with next,” Waldron said.
This past winter we made the pilgrimage to the powder Mecca, Utah, to link up with Factory Team leader Pep Fujas. Sean Pettit also came on board as Pep showed us around his home resorts of Snowbird and Alta, followed by some heli time with our friends at Powderbird. Pep and Sean served up their signature high speed, smooth yet aggressive style and we can’t wait to go back for more. | Filmed & edited by Nick Meilleur | Music: “Method” by Bugseed
SIGN UP TO WIN A PAIR OF ALL-NEW K2 MARKSMAN SKIS BELOW!
-We are giving away 4 pairs of K2 Marksman Skis—one (1) pair for North America, one (1) pair for South America, one (1) pair for Europe, and one (1) pair for Asia/Australia/New Zealand.
-Contest open only from September 20 – September 27, 2016 at midnight PST. Winner will be announced by October 6 2016.
-Contest winners will be randomly selected!
-Prize is one (1) pair of K2 Marksman skis in the size of their choice, subject to availability.
-Contestants may only enter with one email address.
Boulder, CO – August 4, 2016: The most respected name in action-sports film production, Warren Miller Entertainment has announced its 67th full-length feature film will be titled, “Here, There & Everywhere”. The industry leader also reveals the original filmmaker, narrator and household name Warren Miller himself will appear on-screen in this year’s movie. See the teaser and tour calendar here.
In this 67th annual Warren Miller film, take a freeski voyage with industry veterans Ingrid Backstrom and Wendy Fisher in Crested Butte, tour Eastern Greenland by dog sled with Seth Wescott and Rob Kingwill and follow Jess McMillan and Grete Eliassen on a Swiss holiday aboard the Glacier Express. Explore the backcountry of Western Montana’s Glacier Country with Tyler Ceccanti, Collin Collins and Keith Curtis and catch a powder day with Kaylin Richardson, Matt Elliott, Marcus Caston and the Kicking Horse ski patrol in British Columbia.
Presale tickets will be available September 8-11, 2016 online-only at a discount of $4-off each ticket. General on sale will begin September 12, 2016 both online and at participating retail locations. No fees will be associated with ticket sales at participating retail locations.
K2 FIRE IN THE SKY
Members of the K2 factory team gathered at Timberline this spring to ski the glacier, throw back some cans and have a killer time. After a day of team-building public park destruction, we were treated to a gorgeous sunset. The team is way stoked on the new planks and Clayton Vila, Pep Fujas, Sean Jordan, Mark Hendrickson, Brooke Potter and Dylan Sondrup did not hold back with ’em strapped to their feet. Give it a watch! 👆 | #seriousfun
Edited by Nick Meilleur
Music: “Cold” by Jeff Kaale
HUGE thanks to brothel. for all his work on the custom track!
Summer camps are right around the corner, so secure your spot at Week 9 of Woodward Copper sponsored by K2!
Woodward Copper always has their park dialed to a T so you know it’ll be one of the best weeks you’ve ever had!
It’s Grom Week and will be July 31-August 4, 2016 so don’t miss out. Go here to sign up and get more information!
This year our athletes travelled far and wide to get the goods! Here are some of our favorite shots from the year. Follow us here for more!
Here Ken Lucas checks in from Antarctica where he went ski touring among his penguin friends and nailed some really nice ascents and descents.
Severin Guggemoos has been ripping parks all over Europe, here he is with a switch cork 5 in Ehrwald, Tirol, Austria!
Lucas Vianna oozing style above Vancouver, BC at Grouse Mountain, Canada.
Ski mountaineer Holly Walker has been snagging peaks left and right in France. On the ascent in Chamonix, France.
McKenna Peterson is no stranger to steep, fast lines. Here she finds a fun one in Hornstrandir, Iceland.
Park shredder Robert Szul gets his fix at the epic looking Mottolino Livigno resort in Italy.
Telemark skier Adam U grinning from ear to ear after one of the best runs of his life in Myoko, Japan!
Skiing isn’t just for the winter! Here Laurent Bernhard rips a creek in Peru.
There is crazy good skiing in Spain! Adria Millan ripping in Baqueira Beret, España.
Switzerland has some of the best parks and pow in the world. No surprise seeing Florian Bruchez styling out a side hit in Ovronnaz.
Can’t forget the good ol’ US of A! Especially when it’s Lexi DuPont skiing some of the most amazing terrain in the world in Haines, Alaska.
That’s it that’s all, we’re hoping next year takes our skiers to even more amazing places around the globe!
By Nick Meilleur, Seattle, WA: What a day for Kyler Tritter and his brother Brayden in sunny Utah. After winning the K2 x Powderbird Spring Break Heli Giveaway last week with his badass POV video, we flew the boys out and treated them to a day in the heli with none other than Pep Fujas.
Upon arrival at the Powderbird Heli Port, we were welcomed with smiles, hot coffee and a smorgasbord of delicious breakfast dishes. After eating and drinking our fill we met with Mike Morris, our guide for the day. Besides being a badass skier and knowing the Wasatch range like the back of his hand, Mike is a hell of a nice guy and we were beyond stoked to have him show us around.
Conditions were all time—bluebird sky, fresh pow and the mountains to ourselves. What resulted was lots of adrenaline, high fives, pow slashes and good times! Check out the video below.
We want to crash your Spring Break plans and send you and a friend to Utah to heli ski at Powderbird for a day!
To round off this once in a lifetime opportunity, you will be accompanied by none other than K2 pro PEP FUJAS!
Just upload your best line of this winter on Instagram with #k2PowWithPep, and we will choose a lucky winner. You have until Thursday, March 17th at noon to submit. Official contest rules are below. Good luck!
K2 SKIS SPRING BREAK HELI TRIP GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The “K2 Skis Spring Break Heli Trip Giveaway” (the “contest”) is sponsored by K2 Skis 4201 6th Ave S Seattle, WA 98108 (the “Sponsor”) There is one (1) Prize (Powderbird Heli Day-3/26/16—flight to Salt Lake City, UT included) to be awarded in March 2016. Chances of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries.
Who Can Enter:
- Must be 18 or older to enter and locations are eligible.
- The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws, and is void where prohibited.
- Employees of the Sponsors, the Prize Provider or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
Timing: 4. The Contest is open from March 11 2016 at 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and close at March 17th 2016 PST 12:00 AM (the “Contest Period”).
How To Enter:
- Eligible entrants will submit Instagram videos with the hashtag #k2powwithpep during the Contest Period.
- Each entrant may only submit one video.
- All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to delete any entries or remove participants that are in violation of the Official Rules.
- By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- Entrants may only win once.
- Following the draw, the selected entrant will be contacted by Instagram direct message while being publically announced through K2 Skis email, website, and possibly social media outlets upon release form signature.
- In order to be verified the winner, the selected entrant must:
- Respond to the prize notification message or telephone call within five (5) days of transmission;
- Sign a declaration and have his/her guest sign a declaration stating that he/she:
(i) has read, understands and complies with the Official Rules;
(ii) forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsors, the Prize Provider and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, prize suppliers, employees, officers, directors, and shareholders from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or entrant’s award, participation, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Contest;.(iii) Consent to the announcement of the winner’s name and the use by or on behalf of the Sponsor of the winner’s name and/or photograph and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, without any further compensation to the winner; and (iv) Consent to the Prize Provider’s rules pertaining to the use of the Prize, including executing Prize Provider’s standard waiver and release of claim document pertaining to the Prize.
- Should the selected entrant fail to comply with any of the requirements contained in these Official Rules, the Grand Prize will be automatically forfeited and another entrant will be selected and the initially selected entrant will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards the Sponsor, the Prize Provider or anyone involved in the Contest.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local/municipal laws and is void where prohibited by law. If any provision of these Official Rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- The Sponsor and the Prize Provider will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest registrations, regardless of the cause, including, but not limited to, failure of the Site; ii. any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification;
- Winner and friend must board flight to Salt Lake City from same location.
iii. any changes in email addresses after Contest registrations are submitted; and
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause; and
- unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; and
- printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; and
vii. any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsors’ website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsors or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsors’ websites by a hypertext link.
- If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by the Sponsor, including due to computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct and cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- Should tax liability arise, then it will be the responsibility of the winner and winner’s guest to notify their own Government’s relevant tax department. The Sponsor takes no responsibility or liability for taxation or for any other costs incurred in connection with the prizes received in this Contest.
- Decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding.
Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington or the Superior Court located in King County, Washington; entrant submits to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the State of Washington for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant or Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of Washington, the United States, Canada, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.